I hope you are all enjoying your Lent. We are here at the Davis household. It's proving to make a difference, but I need to step up my Rosary's and Chaplets. I'm not doing them daily and it makes a difference.
Anyway - This is my first time blogging in the CWA (Catholic Women's Almanac) way. I hope and pray it is a worthy post. I went to Jenny's Post HERE on the Suspicio Blog, and jotted down her headings. Then I read a few more posts and settled on what is below...
Thanking God For:
- my husband being home safely from his trip and healing from shoulder surgery.
- that bronchitis is on the way out of our house. I am unsure I will ever stop coughing but I'd rather it be me than anyone else.
- our Parish. We just love Holy Family Catholic Church!
- other mom friends who understand how frustrating parenting can't be and who don't judge.
- Catholic Women's Devotional Bible. I love this version because I love the insight from other Godly women. Mine is older, but this is essentially the same one (with updated readings, etc).
- That's My Son: I have only read the foreward. I'll keep you posted.
- The Catholic Home. This book has really helped me, a convert, understand traditions, etc.
- Better Homes & Garden, St. Anthony's Messenger, North Texas Catholic.
- an older gentleman at church shared that his niece was murdered. His wife said it may have been suicide. She left behind a 6 year old and a 3 year old. My heart breaks for the rest of her family and friends.
- Continued health in our family.
- Pope Benedict XVI, and his successor.
- Last night in my Financial Peace University Class, it occurred to me that financially we have done everything wrong. After his lecture, he said "write down what you took away from this during the next moment". I wrote "We have done everything wrong. Fix it!" The class has helped tremendously. We are prayerfully fixing our finances.
- How blessed we are, regardless. God has always been THE constant. He is here helping us. Thank you!
- I am heavy, losing a little here and there (it is hard at almost 50). So I am trying to always look put together. Moms don't have to look sloppy. My goals. Clean shirt/jeans or capris. Clean shirt is there because I am the queen of stained shirts. HA! I am putting on earrings and maybe even a scarf or an accessory. I was a professional for a long time before marriage and I miss dressing nicely. I'm even starting to wear skirts again. I can't wait to fit into cuter things, but in the meantime, I am trying to look nice. Make Up tips: Laura Geller's Color Correcting (powdered) foundation. It is baked minerals, and I love it because it is light and covers decently but never looks make-up-ish. I also use her Real Deal Concealer. Then just but on your favorite blush, lip color and mascara and you look fresh-faced.
- A space on my laundry room floor - it's Mount Washmore tackling day!
- March Menu plan
- I need to get my lesson plans done for the next two weeks. Mondays, my son sleeps in. I usually take extra time.
- AND - I will likely make a few cards later. It's almost Easter and I need to get some done.
I should have captured a picture of Christopher in his first soccer game in two years. Bless his heart, he did well. His team got beaten, but it's all good.
Make sure you check out the other CWA Bloggers. Great blogs.
Love, Hugs & Blessings,